Job Title: Compounder
Compound flavors using established methods, formulas, and procedures according to Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs). Responsible for process operations that include but may not be limited to: liquid compounding, emulsion preparation, spray drying, powder blending, distillations, vanilla extraction, and concentration. Must accurately measure and weigh materials, provide documentation in a timely manner and deliver a quality product. Must work in a clean, neat, and safe manner. Required to fill, pack and label orders, and clean equipment as necessary.
- Perform daily activities to complete production orders. This includes accurately weighing materials, mixing and blending, machine operations, filtering, homogenizing, material handling, packing, and labeling to produce a quality product. All documentation must be timely, neat and accurate throughout the process flow. Must follow proper GMP and HACCP food safety procedures. Take appropriate samples for quality testing. Immediately report to supervision problems or errors.
- Inspect equipment and confirm fitness for use. Clean and document as required. Notify supervision if there is a problem.
- Perform work safely and efficiently. Wear the appropriate PPE. Work in a manner to prevent odor and dust cross-contamination. Immediately clean up spills. Must be able to work in a safe and efficient manner when using material handling equipment.
- Maintain self, equipment, and area in a clean and neat manner.
- Participate in Quality and Safety internal inspections and meetings. Inspect equipment daily and maintain as necessary. Notify supervision when repairs or improvements are required.
- Assist and perform tasks in other areas on an as needed basis.
- Must show good judgment and decision-making abilities. Must be able to communicate problems and make recommendations for improvement.
- High School graduate or equivalent with a minimum of 2 years flavor/fragrance production experience preferred. Must have basic math skills in order to perform functions such as weighing materials, using scales and converting between units of measure. Must be able to use all cleaning equipment.
- HAZMAT trained.
- Must be willing to help out in other areas as needed.
- Demonstrate teamwork and a customer-focused attitude.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
How to Apply:
Please submit all application materials to email@example.com. Emails should contain “Job Posting Fulfillment” in the title.